Airtycoon 2

Reduce/Remove Plane Price Increase

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reduce/Remove Plane Price Increase

Post  Steve10 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:34 am

The plane price increase is seriously destabilising the game and it's making it impossible for competitors to survive more than 20 years, I know this because I've tried every single game mode, easy to difficult and on all of them most of the competitors went bust within 10 years and the longest any survived was 21 years and that was without me buying a single airline. Along with this my own growth was about 5% of what it was before the update. I play the game for fun and this update has basically killed a lot of that off for me even though I love the game.

Even if competitors survived past the 20 year mark once you get to a certain point the leasing option becomes more expensive to have per year (between year 25 and year 40) than the planes can possibly make during that year so you lose more money the more planes you have. As well as this at a certain point you can no longer buy planes because they will cost more to buy upfront than they will bring in with profit over the course of their 25 years of service especially once you add maintenance of the planes on top of that.

My belief is that this is a serious bug and needs to be fixed as soon as possible or their are going to be some angry customers around before too long. So my suggestion is that the price increase for planes needs to be removed or reduced to something like + 0.1% - 0.2% each year at a maximum.

Thanks.


Steve10
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Posts : 4
Activity Score: : 2173
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reduce/Remove Plane Price Increase

Post  MIA-NRT on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:14 pm

EXACTLY! I should not be paying 110,000 for an A321 and 92,000 for a 737-600 thats just WAYYYYYY too much .

MIA-NRT
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Posts : 4
Activity Score: : 2094
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reduce/Remove Plane Price Increase

Post  victor on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:36 am

I just don't see your point. It's now year 2024, my company is over a 30 million dollar worth!
I've got 256 planes and routes.. And only 145 of those are bought planes, all the other are leased! It works perfect.

victor
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Posts : 15
Activity Score: : 2162
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reduce/Remove Plane Price Increase

Post  Steve10 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:08 am

It's because the cost of running at a certain point will outweigh the profits brought in, you might not have reached that point yet. Also any aircraft leased before that point won't be affected by this and will still bring in a profit it's only once you reach that point that a problem begins.

Take the total cost of leasing that aircraft, I'll call it $18,000 per year as an example, if you put it on a route and make $3,000K profit from that route each quarter (there are 6 quarters each year) then you make exactly $18,000K which means you make no profit on that route for the plane you just purchased. Each year after the point you'll have to find even more profitable routes to be able to still make a profit and as you know you often take the most valuable routes first or have to face the most competition. This point changes in each game because of two factors, increase in aircraft costs (as it varies) and increase in population but the point is still reached in all games, whether it takes 30 years or 80.

Steve10
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Posts : 4
Activity Score: : 2173
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reduce/Remove Plane Price Increase

Post  victor on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:07 am

Steve10 wrote:It's because the cost of running at a certain point will outweigh the profits brought in, you might not have reached that point yet. Also any aircraft leased before that point won't be affected by this and will still bring in a profit it's only once you reach that point that a problem begins.

Take the total cost of leasing that aircraft, I'll call it $18,000 per year as an example, if you put it on a route and make $3,000K profit from that route each quarter (there are 6 quarters each year) then you make exactly $18,000K which means you make no profit on that route for the plane you just purchased. Each year after the point you'll have to find even more profitable routes to be able to still make a profit and as you know you often take the most valuable routes first or have to face the most competition. This point changes in each game because of two factors, increase in aircraft costs (as it varies) and increase in population but the point is still reached in all games, whether it takes 30 years or 80.

Maybe i didn't reached that point, but i think you should adjused your tactics. Lease more and earlier than you can keep up and then you won't go bankrupt..
although i have to admit, i am playing on "normal" it is year 2030, i am worth over a 80 million and got 417 planes. The best AI is 7 million worth with 72 planes..

victor
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Posts : 15
Activity Score: : 2162
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reduce/Remove Plane Price Increase

Post  Steve10 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:22 pm

victor wrote:
Steve10 wrote:It's because the cost of running at a certain point will outweigh the profits brought in, you might not have reached that point yet. Also any aircraft leased before that point won't be affected by this and will still bring in a profit it's only once you reach that point that a problem begins.

Take the total cost of leasing that aircraft, I'll call it $18,000 per year as an example, if you put it on a route and make $3,000K profit from that route each quarter (there are 6 quarters each year) then you make exactly $18,000K which means you make no profit on that route for the plane you just purchased. Each year after the point you'll have to find even more profitable routes to be able to still make a profit and as you know you often take the most valuable routes first or have to face the most competition. This point changes in each game because of two factors, increase in aircraft costs (as it varies) and increase in population but the point is still reached in all games, whether it takes 30 years or 80.

Maybe i didn't reached that point, but i think you should adjused your tactics. Lease more and earlier than you can keep up and then you won't go bankrupt..
although i have to admit, i am playing on "normal" it is year 2030, i am worth over a 80 million and got 417 planes. The best AI is 7 million worth with 72 planes..

Yeah I do lease a lot and I do lease earlier but what I'm saying is I like to build up each turn, that's my personal most 'fun' way of playing the game, I don't want to have to stop building up later in the game because there's a chance I'll lose money on my routes.

You're 20 years in at the moment, so wait until about 40 or 50 years in and you'll notice the massive price differences and the cost of leasing doesn't always work out.

Yeah competitors really struggle in this game, I don't think their leasing and price increasing has worked in their favour.

Steve10
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Posts : 4
Activity Score: : 2173
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reduce/Remove Plane Price Increase

Post  flydavis on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Steve10 wrote:
victor wrote:
Steve10 wrote:It's because the cost of running at a certain point will outweigh the profits brought in, you might not have reached that point yet. Also any aircraft leased before that point won't be affected by this and will still bring in a profit it's only once you reach that point that a problem begins.

Take the total cost of leasing that aircraft, I'll call it $18,000 per year as an example, if you put it on a route and make $3,000K profit from that route each quarter (there are 6 quarters each year) then you make exactly $18,000K which means you make no profit on that route for the plane you just purchased. Each year after the point you'll have to find even more profitable routes to be able to still make a profit and as you know you often take the most valuable routes first or have to face the most competition. This point changes in each game because of two factors, increase in aircraft costs (as it varies) and increase in population but the point is still reached in all games, whether it takes 30 years or 80.

Maybe i didn't reached that point, but i think you should adjused your tactics. Lease more and earlier than you can keep up and then you won't go bankrupt..
although i have to admit, i am playing on "normal" it is year 2030, i am worth over a 80 million and got 417 planes. The best AI is 7 million worth with 72 planes..

Yeah I do lease a lot and I do lease earlier but what I'm saying is I like to build up each turn, that's my personal most 'fun' way of playing the game, I don't want to have to stop building up later in the game because there's a chance I'll lose money on my routes.

You're 20 years in at the moment, so wait until about 40 or 50 years in and you'll notice the massive price differences and the cost of leasing doesn't always work out.

Yeah competitors really struggle in this game, I don't think their leasing and price increasing has worked in their favour.

This is a note from the Devs that they are reversing the aircraft price increase option ( i don't know what that means) i am guess that they are taking it off. or may be changing the way it functions. I did like the idea, but i think it should be randomly occurring rather than every year. kind of like the discounts
They have also fixed the lease option bugs.

flydavis
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Posts : 25
Activity Score: : 2198
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reduce/Remove Plane Price Increase

Post  triggywiggy on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:35 am

Yes Guys, We are listening even when it does not seem like it.

The "Bug" has been fixed.

Please guys note that we would not purposely make smaller variant of aircraft at an expensive price then a larger one.

Also please report your bugs here. http://airtycoon2.forumotion.com/f6-game-help-questions

triggywiggy
Admin

Posts : 14
Activity Score: : 2211
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-03-04

View user profile http://airtycoon2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Reduce/Remove Plane Price Increase

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum