Airtycoon 2

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Airtycoon 2
Airtycoon 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest Games

5 posters

Go down

Greatest Games Empty Greatest Games

Post  drgreenhouse Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 pm

I thought we could start a thread sharing some of our greatest games.

My best to date - Playing on Hard Difficulty Level with my version of Delta Airlines. 4 of the computer airlines went bankrupt, but I managed to buy out the other 7 in 30 years with a value of $125 billion.
drgreenhouse
drgreenhouse
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Activity Score: : 4797

Back to top Go down

Greatest Games Empty Re: Greatest Games

Post  Oliver Cooksey Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:20 pm

drgreenhouse wrote:I thought we could start a thread sharing some of our greatest games.

My best to date - Playing on Hard Difficulty Level with my version of Delta Airlines. 4 of the computer airlines went bankrupt, but I managed to buy out the other 7 in 30 years with a value of $125 billion.

Nice...What did your fleet consist of?
Oliver Cooksey
Oliver Cooksey
Admin

Activity Score: : 4813

Back to top Go down

Post  drgreenhouse Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Oliver Cooksey wrote:
drgreenhouse wrote:I thought we could start a thread sharing some of our greatest games.

For long distance routes - I used the Boeing 787-8 to start a route- After visiting their plant in Everett, Washington, I realized how effective the plane was for long-distance travel between medium size cities.

For shorter routes, I would start either with CRJ-700s or A-318-100s - Best bang for the buck. After starting routes, I'd add either larger planes or more planes on a route.

For freight, I'd use either A300-600F or the B767-300F

Once I got much larger than the other airlines, I started competing with them directly on their most profitable routes, undercutting them to steal business.
drgreenhouse
drgreenhouse
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Activity Score: : 4797

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Cooksey Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:26 pm

drgreenhouse wrote:
Oliver Cooksey wrote:

For long distance routes - I used the Boeing 787-8 to start a route- After visiting their plant in Everett, Washington, I realized how effective the plane was for long-distance travel between medium size cities.

For shorter routes, I would start either with CRJ-700s or A-318-100s - Best bang for the buck. After starting routes, I'd add either larger planes or more planes on a route.

For freight, I'd use either A300-600F or the B767-300F

Once I got much larger than the other airlines, I started competing with them directly on their most profitable routes, undercutting them to steal business.

Basicly the same strategy as me. I use a318 on short routes and upgrade them to A319,20 then 21. Later on I start routes with a319 as my marketing is normally high enough then.
Oliver Cooksey
Oliver Cooksey
Admin

Activity Score: : 4813

Back to top Go down

Post  tackaberry Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:46 am

Why do you bother with freight? You get a better return on investment on passenger lines, and there's no shortage of routes to open.

tackaberry
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Activity Score: : 4725

Back to top Go down

Greatest Games Empty Greatest game

Post  Cheddarball Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:04 pm

My greatest game is still running!!!
1200 routes
1500 planes
110 cargo routes
150 cargo planes
600 billion value
£450 billion
£10 billion cash flow

Beat that!!!!!!!!! lol!

Cheddarball
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Activity Score: : 4678

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffr47 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:56 pm

I've been going the other direction, after having some massive fleets with big, glamorous, globe-encircling routes. I think actually the game can be won much faster using small jets. It's actually remarkably easy.

With the difficulty set to "hard" and with 5 competitors, using only E-195s, it took about 4 years on my first try. On lower difficulty settings, I've done it in 2. Because you can lease a E-195 for only about $4500K, you can add lots of routes really quickly. You can really wipe out the competition by running many small flights. In 2015.11, I was around 2M passengers on 96 routes while all five competitors were bunched at the bottom of the graph. (is there a way to see # of passengers for our competitors? I can't find it.) As for cash flow: they were at $5000-7000K in the last month, I was at $133000K. It's really amazing how profitable those little routes are.

It's kind of a fun exercise and the flexibility is nice. I can really easily move planes from one route to another to maximize occupancy. The only annoying part is the inability to open a hub without a route first flying there. Why? That's a completely artificial restriction that should be scrapped.

jeffr47
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Activity Score: : 4721

Back to top Go down

Greatest Games Empty My biggest profit route

Post  Cheddarball Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:00 pm

My most profitable route is Los angles to Zurich

Cheddarball
Trainee Pilot
Trainee Pilot

Activity Score: : 4678